Court Farm – Family Farming Since 1936
John & Vera Bellingham’s parents bought Court Farm in 1936. They farmed here until October 1962 when Fred Knight (after marrying Vera) moved to the farm and formed a partnership with John & Mary Bellingham. For the next 33 years they worked hard to build the foundations of what Court Farm is today.
Ray Knight started farming on Court Farm in 1978 and took on the running of the farm in 1995 with his own dairy herd. In 2003 he moved over to rearing cattle for beef which he continues to do today. Ray & Simon now manage the farm together with a very welcome hand from John. Together they are continuing the family tradition.
Many of our customers will remember “Den’s Hens” which Denise Knight started in 1985. She even had a delivery van! As Simon got older it was clear all he wanted to do was become a farmer just like his Dad, Ray. So Den’s Hens moved to Simon in the 90′s, obviously without the delivery van!!
Court Farm Shop is built upon this strong history of traditional family farming as well as the valued loyalty of our customers. Simon and Lisa have opened a purpose built farm shop which has replaced our “Egg Shed” and provides an outlet for our own produce (free range eggs, beef, lamb and pork) as well as supports other local producers of poultry, fruit, vegetables, dairy, bread, cakes, confectionery, jams, chutneys, ales, ciders, plants etc. and creates a farm to fork philosophy. We endeavour to source the best local food with the aim of supporting and celebrating local farming as well as our own family run farm.