Due to our popular butchery expanding, we are looking for another member of staff to join our family!
We have the following vacancies (click on the below links):
Job Title: Full Time Butcher
Hours: 40 Hours a Week / Including One Day Every Weekend
Location: Court Farm Shop, Stoke Orchard, Cheltenham
Benefits: Pension Scheme / Store Discount / On-Site Parking / Uniform
Start Date: Ongoing
Do you have a passion for Butchery? Would you like to work in one of the oldest professions in the world, alongside our enthusiastic and skilled butchery team.
We are proud to showcase beef, pork and lamb from our family-run working farm and are looking for an already skilled Butcher to join our team, contributing to the high level of expertise and extensive knowledge of traditional butchery methods.
To apply for our Full Time Butcher position you must possess:
- – Previous butchery experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of butchery and meat preparation
- – Experience of working within high street butchers or farm shops
- – The capability to cut and bone carcass meat (beef, lamb, pork, venison), make in-house sausages, burgers, faggots etc following specific recipes
- – Excellent skill in knife handling and use of other cutting equipment
- – The ability to ensure an attractive display of quality meat including artisan products
- – Excellent customer services skills
- – The ability to respond to questions & comments from customers including advising them on cooking methods
- – Knowledge to offer advice and guidance to customers regarding the most suitable cuts
- – Flexibility to follow working practices, policies, procedures and recipes as set out by our Head Butcher and Farm Shop Directors
- – The ability to comply with all meat related Health and Safety, COSHH and Food Safety legislation
- – Intermediate food hygiene is desirable
If this full time position appeals to you, please send a covering letter and CV to Lisa Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Court Farm Shop, Stoke Road, Stoke Orchard, Cheltenham GL52 7RY
Please note that due to large volumes of candidates we may not respond to all applicants, so if you haven’t had a response within 3 weeks of applying, please accept this as unfortunately being unsuccessful.